37. What is the ravishment of mystical fusion; a language without words?
38. In this annulled night, the death of the delicate, anonymous and invisible.
39. Point out the fish, how much to pay: the cracking of shells.
40. Can we be responsible for passivity? What can be resisted, the passive, or is non-resistance the only resistance?
41. Have mercy in the Zone.
42. to let time
take all its time
43. They forgot and thought this was thinking.
44. Outside of memory, there is a memory outside.
45. Endure without resisting.
46. Night without darkness: white night of the endless steppe.
47. the wounded space
the hurt of dying
48. To live in a time without stories.
49. Which day is the youngest day, the day surpassing all days?
50. Justice in every moment: come down from Sinai.
51. The missing seagulls return while red boats think red at the wharf.
52. there coincides with nowhere
53. What can be found best not sought? Write 10,000 words on the 10,000 things.
54. thank you for all these words
that have not been spoken
55. Deprived of the right to turn back from the cave, shades and shadows:
no words, no dreams, adrift.
56. but what sort of coming
is a dream
through what night
does it make its way
57. Dreaming without memory, dreaming without end: waking has no beginning, as if never present, always ‘as if’.
58. Only in love is there suspension: no longer, not yet.
59. Cold water slaps the immovable.
60. Can we learn to die?
61. Once again the ruins: today is poor, please explain.
62. Anonymity, loss of self, loss of sovereignty and subordination, utter up rootedness, exile, the impossibility of presence, dispersion…whose words are these? Be discrete.
63. Death, life without death: the imperishable.
65. Neither affirmation nor negation: ‘nay’, nothing doing.
66. Think about the non-true, how is this different from lies?
67. Does collapse bear repeating? Cite Hegel.
68. keep watch over
69. There are those who desire writing, there are those who desire knowledge: there are those who desire.
70. reading does nothing
and everything is accomplished
71. Within the fragment, a morsel, a nugget and a rich repetition.
72. you theoreticians
know that you are mortal
and that theory is already
death in you
73. Listen, silent whispers and tacit intensity: no longer know there is truth.
74. Know burning patience.
75. Who are the most fleeting: who are the swirl?
76. There are those who desire to dream, a necessary failure falling short.
77. in his dream
but the desire
78. Dissolute power, a black wheel, a dark star buried in being known: say again the final silence.
79. the law’s scheme
that prisoners construct
80. Who has been remade into quantum clouds blown across the universe?
81. Dissimulation, camouflage the day and pretend it isn’t here.
82. No simultaneity, no duality, no fullness, and no void: who said this, when was this said, where was this said?
How it is, already said.
83. Do we all desire the fall? There are those who desire loss. Let the boat capsize.
84. Unhappy, because you were not the other, because you were the other, says Ovid on the banks of the Black Sea.
85. What is, is what?
86. For the second time ‘clinging’ to the lost finger pointing nowhere. Don’t rush; discuss Hegel, discuss him again.
87. A deeper read waits around which corner?
88. Can we write outside language?
89. the fleeing silence
of the countless cries
V 2 comprises 222 variations on Maurice Blanchot’s The Writing of the Disaster. The passages in italics are Blanchot’s own words.
Numbers 1-36 appeared in e-ratio January 2016.